Thursday, June 7, 2012

Depende

As a student ambassador for the country of America, I'm quite often asked questions that require an exceptionally assumptive answer. It gets rather annoying, having to make broad generalizations about one of the biggest countries in the world, especially over and over again. So, I repeatedly give the same answer: "depende." Here are some examples of questions to which I respond with "depends."

  • Do Americans eat fast food all the time?
  • Do you go far away for university?
  • Is it easy to pass classes?
  • What're the traditional foods that Americans eat?
  • Is there a beach really close by?
  • Are there a lot of Muslims/blacks/Asians etc.?
  • Are there gangs?
I'm sure I'll be updating this as new ones come along. But the moral of the story is, there are very few things that you can say that would accurately sum up all of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment